Monday, October 17, 2005

Dawn of a new day...

What is it about the dawn of a new day?

For a time in the mornings my day is new of full of possibilities...I awaken to a scene like this and turn on some music to start my day. Once I make my way to the shower it happens...reality starts oozing its way into my reverie. It all starts innocently enough, I might simply consider taking the CD that's playing out to the truck...so I can listen to it on my way to work. Then the dominos quickly start falling, I'm taking the CD to listen to on my way to work...at a job I no longer enjoy. *sigh* I also realize I'll have time to listen to a large portion of the CD because of traffic retards. Even though I am a scant 20 miles from my office from my house there are days it can take me two hours to make the trip, and the bulk of my commute is on the Interstate, less than 5 miles of arterial roads. My average time is 35-45 minutes, and I just can't justify a logical reason in my mind except that the bulk of my fellow commuters are retards.

My goal is to get to a place where these things I no longer allow to detract from my feelings of possibilities and hope for the day...my peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do no harm.