Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Freedom to speak...


This comic from xkcd is very apropos for me today after having a little skirmish erupt over comments on one of my posts regarding the HeliOS project.





So far, my logic, and rationality have been called in to question. :)

For the record: I mostly believe no one reads what I put out here. I do it for me as a catharsis of sorts, plus it's nice to see that I'm not mad when I re-read on occasion ideas that present themselves to me.

I'm surprised to find out when people do read, and make/leave comments. For the most part I publish whatever because I'm lazy and take it as my friends having fun with me.

Since the offensive posts were made in what I thought was our usual public mental banter, I removed them lest we be seen as offensive.

However...

After much discussion it was pointed out to me that while their commentary may have been flippant that their point should still be allowed to stand. Which basically is: Caveat emptor

So, I've allowed both posts to stand, and agree that if you are to give away monies you should do your homework.

I'll also be looking in to adding a Paypal button to my site. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do no harm.